Training in providing careers advice
PG Cert/Dip/MA in Managing Medical
Health Education KSS runs, through its
partnership with the University of Brighton a PG
Certificate / PG Diploma / MA in Managing Medical Careers.
These courses are designed to offer
participants an opportunity to become more proficient in the
provision of career support to medical students and junior
These courses are unique, and the PG Cert has
been running since January 2008. The PG Cert is currently
recruiting students for a January start date.
The London Deanery has produced an excellent
e-learning module for educational supervisors wishing to study more
about providing careers support to their trainees.
The module is based on the four-stage career
planning model, and will take participants through the following
- A framework for career planning
- Stage 1: Helping the trainee with self-assessment
- Stage 2: Helping the trainee with career exploration
- Stage 3: Helping your trainee with career decision making
- Stage 4: Helping your trainee with planning implementation
- A structure for a careers support session
- Supporting the trainee with unrealistic career plans
module is freely available and can be downloaded from the
London Deanery website.